NYC Well is New York City’s free, confidential support, crisis intervention, and information and referral service for anyone seeking help for mental health and/or substance misuse concerns, available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. NYC Well is staffed by trained professionals who can help you find the services that best meet your needs.
Call NYC Well
English: 1-888-NYC-WELL (1-888-692-9355), Press 2
Call 711 (Relay Service for Deaf/Hard of Hearing)
Español: 1-888-692-9355, Press 3
中文: 1-888-692-9355, Press 4
Interpreters are available for 200+ languages. Stay on the line, and you will be connected with a counselor who can connect you to translator services.
NYC Well Counselors are trained to accept calls from hearing impaired individuals using Video Relay Services.
Text NYC Well
Text WELL to 65173
A service for NYC residents, available 24/7/365. Text anytime!
For English, when prompted text 1
For Spanish, when prompted text 2
For Chinese, when prompted text 3
Interpreters are available for 200+ languages. Call 1-888-NYC-WELL to be connected with a counselor who can connect you to translator services.
Chat with a Counselor Now
If you need support and prefer to chat, NYC Well Chat is here 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Click here to chat now.
In danger or need immediate medical attention? Call 911 Now
The following list of links will provide you with useful information on the many topics covered in this web site. These are appropriate for professionals, families and youth.
- The Secretary for Education, Superintendent of Schools, Archdiocese of New York
- New York State Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services (OASAS)
- The National Institute of Alcoholism and Alcoholism of the National Institute of Health (NIAAA)
- National Institute of Health National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA)
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMSHA)
- Center for Substance Abuse Prevention (CSAP)
- Center for Substance Abuse Treatment (CSAT)
- Community Anti-Drug Coalitions of America (CADCA)
- Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Providers of New York State, Inc. (ASAP)
- Connect with Kids