The Archdiocese of New York Drug Abuse Prevention Program (ADAPP) will post employment opportunities for caring clinicians who are seeking positions in safe supportive environments throughout New York City, including Staten Island, Manhattan, Bronx and the northern counties extending through Westchester, Putnam, Dutchess, Orange, Rockland, Ulster and Sullivan.
ADAPP has been serving youth, families, schools and communities for over 45 years. We seek to employ primarily Masters level Social Workers and Guidance Counselors with relevant internships and/or experience with substance abuse prevention. Recent graduates are encouraged to apply for posted positions.
ADAPP provides a liberal salary, excellent training and supervision and comprehensive medical and dental coverage.
We have multiple job openings:
Clinical Social Workers
ADAPP has multiple Clinical Social Worker positions open in Catholic High Schools and Elementary Schools located in the Bronx, Westchester and NYC.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Substance abuse and violence prevention education
- Individual and group counseling.
- Crisis intervention
- Assessment and referral
- LMSW or LCSW or LMHC or related degree
- Knowledge of working with youth and substance abuse a plus
- Robust opportunity for career development
- Safe, supportive environment
- Excellent Supervision and training
- Generous summer vacation
- Health benefits.
We are looking for a skilled Office Coordinator to undertake a variety of day-to-day office and clerical tasks. You will be an integral part in ensuring that our office operations run smoothly and are successful in supporting other administrative activities. An excellent office coordinator is, above all, an organized and competent professional with phenomenal communication and technical skills. You will be comfortable dealing with people and able to carry out administrative duties with accuracy and speed. The goal is to ensure that office operations are efficient and add maximum value to the agency.
- Follow office workflow procedures to ensure maximum efficiency
- Maintain client files and client records as well as with effective filing systems
- Support other team members with various administrative tasks (redirecting calls, disseminating correspondence, scheduling meetings, statistical information, etc.)
- Greet and assist staff, visitors, vendors, etc. when they arrive at the office
- Monitor office supplies inventory and place orders
- Oversee/assist in vendor relationship management
- 5-7 years of proven experience as office coordinator or in a similar role
- Outstanding/proficient knowledge of MS Office
- Working knowledge of office equipment (e.g. scanners, copiers, postage, etc.)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Organized with the ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Ability to respect and maintain confidentiality
- Reliable, consistent attendance and professionalism is a must
- Experience dealing with vendors will be a plus
- Associates/College degree; BS/BA in business administration or relevant field is a plus