Classroom WISE https://www.classroomwise.org/ A mental health training resource for Educators.
Classroom WISE is a 3-part training package that includes a FREE self-paced online course, video library featuring practicing teachers and students, comprehensive resource collection and website for K-12 educators on mental health literacy.
The Classroom WISE online course begins with a brief introduction video on why this work is important and why teachers matter in supporting the well-being of students. The course then proceeds with six modules covering the following:
- Promoting the Mental Health and Well-Being of Students
- Creating safe and supportive classrooms
- Teaching mental health literacy and reducing stigma
- Fostering social emotional competencies and well-being
- Understanding and Supporting Students Experiencing Adversity and Distress
- Understanding and supporting students experiencing adversity
- The impact of trauma and adversity on learning behavior
- Classroom strategies to support students
Classroom WISE was developed by the MHTTC Network (Mental Health Technology Transfer Center, SAMHSA) and the National Center for School Mental Health.